Applications are accepted for Fall and Spring Semesters. The quota for application is specified each semester. Last semester’s quota was 40.
Each applicant is obliged to enter the Science Exam and the Interview.
Applications can be done between the determined time interval in the academic calender from the Registrar’s Office.
Application Period for Spring’23: 2 – 9 January 2023
Electronic Application System Opens 2 January 2023 10:00 (Local Time)
Electronic Application System Closes 9 January 2023 17:00 (Local Time)
Date for Interview:
24 January 2023, Tuesday 18:00 / Online (via Zoom)
Date for Exemption Exam:
23 January 2023, Monday 18.00 / Online (via Zoom)
- Undergraduate diploma or graduation document.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 2.00/4.00 or equivalent.
- Proof of English proficiency certified by B.U. YADYOK. Applicants are expected to receive a minimum acceptable score from Bogaziçi University English Proficiency Test, TOEFL, or IELTS.
- Submission of other documents required by B.U. Registrar’s Office.
Applicants will be given a written exemption exam which covers the topics of the foundation courses. Finance and accounting, marketing, management and organization are topics for Managerial Foundations course. Basic concepts in MIS, introduction to algorithms and programming are topics for Technical Foundations course.
Click for Exemption Exam preparation topics.
Students who are unsuccessful in the academic exam have a second chance to take the academic exam if they are accepted and pre-registered. Students who have failed in the academic exam twice will register for Technical and/or Managerial Foundation courses.
- BIS 501 Technical Foundations of BIS or equivalent
- BIS 502 Managerial Foundations of BIS or equivalent
Bogaziçi University English Proficiency Test (BUEPT) information can be found on
YADYOK (Foreign Languages School) website.
Tel: (212) 359 45 00
Tel: +90 (212) 359 4408, Fax: +90 (212) 287 0943
Registrar’s Office is open between:
09:30-12:00 and 13:00-16:30